Do you like managing an accounting team within an international Shared Service Centre of a FMCG company? And do you also get energy from working on improvement projects? Then we would like to talk to you!
Our customer is an international organization, which produces and sells high end beauty products in 22 countries spread across North America, Europe, Australia, Middle East and Africa. With 3500+ employees and 10 brands it is a top player in many markets. As a financial organization it has a big presence in the Netherlands, where they have set up an Financial Shared Services Centre. The SSC services all the countries in the European market.
As Teamlead General Ledger you’ll play an important role in setting up and improving the processes and position of the international Shared Service Center and multilingual GL team. The role will evolve over time. You are keen on your personal development but also on the development of the team, individual team members and the finance processes, by bringing people together. This position combines managing a GL-team with working on tactical and strategic projects regarding continuous improvement. You play a key role in driving change and efficiency, and building a best in class Shared Service Centre.
Other resposibilities are:
- Managing & coaching a team of 6 GL-accountants
- Coordinate cross-departmental month end close activities and judge accruals, deferrals and other close related entries
- Perform review and provide feedback on the reporting packages submitted by accountants from other locations
- Initiate cross departmental projects regarding continuous improvement and optimization of financial, reporting and business processes
- Driving process optimization through automation (blackline) and robotization, but also sensible process adjustments
- Bachelor / Master in economics, finance or accounting
- 7 – 10 years relevant working experience and substantively strong and independent
- Because you will be part of a shared service centre in the EMEA region your English must be fluent and another EU language is welcome (preferably Dutch)
- Experience in a multinational company and / or SSC
- ERP system experience (preferably SAP)
- You pro-actively drive improvements regarding current processes
- To ensure that you will be successful as a Teamlead you are a strong teamplayer, relationship builder and have a pro-active and independent attitude
- You are a skilful communicator with the ability to influence peers and other business colleagues in complying with existing control systems and implementing new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a highly flexible attitude, and enjoy driving change and efficiency. You can demonstrate experience in optimizing processes and managing teams with focus on empowering employees
- You enjoy working in an ambitious team and your drive to become the best in class matches the companies drive. You get motivated by and excel in working under pressure.
- You know how to take and create opportunities for yourself and the company.
Good primary en and secondary employment conditions and enough room to create opportunities for yourself. Depending on the experience and knowledge the salary can vary between EUR 65K and EUR 73K.
For more information regarding this position please contact Ruud Tol via 06-19446034 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use below button to apply for this job.