You are a good General ledger accountant and you would like to develop yourself in a multi-cultural Financial Shared Services Centre for a company in the FMCG industry? That’s great, because then we would like to talk to you!
Our customer is an international organization, which produces and sells high end beauty products in 22 countries spread across North America, Europe, Australia, Middle East and Africa. With 3500+ employees and 10 brands it is a top player in many markets. As a financial organization it has a big presence in the Netherlands, where they have set up an Financial Shared Services Centre. The SSC services all the countries in the European market.
As General Ledger accountant you’ll play an important role in performing and improving the processes for some of the entities within the European Shared Service Center. You will be coached by a senior GL accountant within the team.
- Responsible for month end activities and month end journal entries for assigned entities, consolidation of actuals, timely reconciliation of all GL accounts
- Coordinate cross-departmental month end close activities and judge accruals, deferrals and other close related entries
- Cost centre re-allocations and intercompany recharges
- Responsible for complete and accurate of entries in the books
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations
- Support the fixed asset process and related controls and reconciliations
- Support Local statutory accounting
- Bachelor/Master in economics / finance and accounting
- 2 – 5 years relevant working experience and substantively strong
- Because you will be part of a shared service centre in the EMEA region your English must be fluent, Dutch is preferred too
- Experience in a multinational company and / or SSC
- ERP system experience (preferably SAP)
- You pro-actively drive improvements regarding current processes
- You are a strong teamplayer and have a pro-active and independent attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a highly flexible attitude, and enjoy driving change and efficiency. You can demonstrate experience in optimizing processes
- You enjoy working in an ambitious team and your drive to become the best in class matches the companies drive. You know how to take and create opportunities for yourself and the company
Good primary en and secondary employment conditions and enough room to create opportunities for yourself. Depending on the experience and knowledge the salary can vary between EUR 45K and EUR 63K.
For more information regarding this position please contact Ruud Tol via 06-19446034 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use below button to apply for this job.